Upgrading version 9 minor releases
Instant IMtegrity 9 must be installed on each IBM Sametime Community server. You must be logged into Microsoft Windows with an administrator account.
To upgrade version 9.x to a newer minor point release (for example, from 9.2.0 to 9.3.0), you must first un-install the currently installed version. This will only remove the Version 9 program code and help database, but will retain your existing chat log database
imtchatlog9.nsf and configuration database
imtconfig.nsf . Your existing configuration (chat log directory location, etc.) will also be retained.
These steps are also valid to downgrade to a prior version.
1. Shut down the IBM Sametime Community Server
Gracefully shut down the IBM Sametime Community Server by running the following IBM Domino console command:
> tell staddin quit
Alternatively, stop the
ST Community Launch Microsoft Windows service.
2. Shut down the IBM Domino server
Run the following IBM Domino console command:
3. Un-install the currently installed version of Instant IMtegrity 9.x
When prompted to reboot the system, it is safe to choose Later.
You only need to reboot the server after you finished the upgrade after step 5 below.
4. Install the latest version of Instant IMtegrity 9.x
- Unpack the IMtegrity 9.x ZIP file which contains the installer.
- Run setup.exe.
- Click Next at the splash screen.
- Click Next at the welcome page.
- Read the license agreement and click Next if you accept the terms of conditions.
- Select the target installation folder and click Next.
- Click Next to start the installation.
- Click Close to exit the installer.
5. Reboot the server
- When prompted to reboot click Yes.
It is required to reboot the system at this time.
IM chats will not be logged until the server has been rebooted.