Upgrading from version 4 to version 9
Instant IMtegrity 9 must be installed on each IBM Sametime Community server. You must be logged into Microsoft Windows with an administrator account.
Make sure that all existing .xml log files from version 4 have been imported.
Version 9 will not import any log files from prior versions.
To upgrade from version 4 to version 9, you must first un-install version 4. This will only remove the Version 4 program code and help database, but will retain your existing chat log database
imtchatlog4.nsf and configuration database
imtconfig.nsf . Your existing configuration (chat log directory location, etc.) will also be retained.
1. Import remaining version 4 chat log files
Gracefully shut down the IBM Sametime Community Server (but leave the IBM Domino server running). To shut down the IBM Sametime community server, run this IBM Domino console command:
> tell staddin quit
Alternatively, stop the
ST Community Launch Microsoft Windows service. This prevents users from starting new chats while you’re upgrading.
To import any remaining chat log files, run this IBM Domino console command:
> tell imtegrity import
Let the IMtegrity server task import all remaining chat log files.
Make sure that there are no remaining chat log files anymore:
- Check the
\logsdirectory for any remaining files.
- If there are any, repeat the console command until all log files have been imported.
2. Shut down the IBM Domino server
Run the following IBM Domino console command:
3. Un-install Instant IMtegrity 4
When prompted to reboot the system, it is safe to choose Later.
You only need to reboot the system after you finished the upgrade after step 5 below.
4. Install Instant IMtegrity 9
- Unpack the IMtegrity 9 ZIP file which contains the installer.
- Run setup.exe.
- Click Next at the splash screen.
- Click Next at the welcome page.
- Read the license agreement and click Next if you accept the terms of conditions.
- Select the target installation folder and click Next.
- Click Next to start the installation.
- Click Close to exit the installer.
5. Reboot the server
- When prompted to reboot click Yes.
It is required to reboot the system at this time.
IM chats will not be logged until the server has been rebooted.