Automatic configuration out of the box
The Instant IMtegrity 9 installer configures the IBM Sametime Community server automatically with sensible default server configuration options so that logging of all chats, images and file transfers takes place automatically after installation and reboot of the system.
There is no client-side configuration necessary; all IBM Sametime chats, images, and files are captured and logged directly on the IBM Sametime server.
By default, all IBM Sametime chat logs, emoticons, and images will be temporarily cached in the
\logs folder; file transfers in the
\files folder inside your Instant IMtegrity installation folder.
From there they get imported by the Instant IMtegrity server task into the Instant IMtegrity chat log database
imtchatlog9.nsf once a minute. You can change the import interval directly via the server task and it’ll take effect immediately.
All configuration changes are made in the Instant IMtegrity configuration database:
- Chat logging options are configured in a server configuration document;
- Options to control who can chat, who receives disclaimers, what chat content is allowed, imported or ignored, and various post-processing options are configured in rules documents.
Server task configuration changes are made via console
tell commands on the IBM Domino server console.
After you made configuration changes, no service restart is necessary;
- All changes to chat logging options take effect automatically within 2 minutes.
- All changes to chat, disclaimer and content rules take effect automatically within 1 minute.
- All changes to inclusion, exclusion and action rules take effect immediately.
- All changes to the Instant IMtegrity server task take effect immediately.
In order to import chat logs into the Instant IMtegrity chat log database imtchatlog9.nsf, you must enable the XML file format option as a log format.
Plain text files will not be imported. The plain text file logging option is merely provided as a convenience feature so that you do not have to manually write XML transformations to obtain the plain text content of the chat logs. By default plain text logging is disabled, and it is recommended to keep it disabled unless you have a specific need for this feature.
By default, after the XML files have been imported, they will be deleted from the \logs subfolder. To keep the source XML files, you can enable the “Attach XML log files” option.
By default the attach XML log file option is disabled, and it is recommended to keep it disabled to reduce the size of the chat log database.